CD05 and Donors
So my wife went for her blood test on Day 3, and we’ll get those results Tuesday of next week. Wednesday is the HSG. If everything is going well, we’d be looking for an OPK change the week of 5/12. We have one wee bit of RR’s donor left, so we’ll obviously use him for our first try. Odds being odds, though, we’ll eventually here start investigating other donors.
RR’s donor is anonymous. A few of the donors I’ve seen/liked are open donors, which makes me a little nervous. While it’s all fine and dandy now to say “Whatevs!” and pick someone to make us a baby, if confronted with two kids from two different types of donors, how would RR feel, really, knowing that her sibling would have this opportunity to contact her biological other half where she would be denied.
I can’t lie that it’s not already a thought in the back of my brain even without another kid, but it brings it to the frontal lobe when faced with this kind of decision.
It’s a little “cart before the horse” I know. But something to think about as we move forward. RR’s donor is exhausted, and in order to get more, we’d have to pay an arm and a leg, plus go to the moon and back, which we’re not financially poised to do.
Thoughts? Anyone with kids from two different donors? What if you wanted another, but had to use a new donor and he had a different status than your kid? Is it a deal-breaker? Is this all futile stuff, since how our kids feel about it will be based on how well we raise them?
Deep thoughts for a Friday morning. I obviously need more coffee.