- We installed the car seat Sunday night without too much trauma. We also installed a little mirror thingy that goes on the headrest so that the driver can peep at Vegas. The second car seat base will be installed in my wife’s car sometime soon, if only to get the cardboard box it came in out of the house.
- Babies R Us is to new parents as Lowe’s is to new homeowners.
- What you receive from folks as baby shower gifts can sometimes surprisingly redefine what kind of relationship you have (or thought you had) with them. For instance, my best friend from childhood sent us a pack n’ play (har har) and a bumbo. I would have really pegged him more as a swaddle or mid-priced baby toy sort of a guy. Now I feel like I need to write and visit more often.
- For the first time since 1995, I am wearing a pair of panties. It makes me shudder to even write that. How do ladies wear these things all the time? Good god.
- As of Friday, my cervix was still hard, long, and closed. It might as well also had a padlock and an ADT sign out front. However, this morning I’m halfway effaced and dilated about a fingertip, so I suppose that’s progress.
- The lady who was due this weekend had her baby Sunday night.
- We’re driving up three hours (each way) this Friday to sign all of the legal papers to protect us all as much as we can from people like my family and the entire state of Virginia.
- My overall consumption of ice, these popsicles, fresh watermelon, and chicken pad thai is very serious. For real.
- We still have no idea what we’d name boy Vegas.