Over the next few months, I have several things I’m looking forward to (in no particular order):
- Mini-vacation (i.e. long weekend) to the Outer Banks in March to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary – bringing the dog and staying in a favorite hotel right on the beach.
- Daylight saving time and warmer weather eventually, which means less heavy coats, longer days, and extended evening dog walks without fear of slipping on ice.
- Budgeting for prenatal massages.
- Another ultrasound at some point, probably the February check-up.
- Helping my wife plan her garden and spending some quality time at the local nursery.
- Feeling more Vegas movements – I’ve already got the bubbles/goldfish sensations, but I can’t wait until my wife can feel the creepiness fun.
- Working on the nursery – painting, assembling the crib, re-purposing some furniture, laundering/sorting clothes, and overall organization.
I am 17 weeks as of yesterday, and I’m only noting that here so that I have a reference point in a few weeks when I can’t remember how far along I am, and my wife is tired of telling me to check the iPod app.